The Ravenna High School Fall sports season is scheduled to officially start this Saturday August 1, 2020. The first official day/time for each sport is as follows:
Volleyball – Monday, August 3rd, 9:00am-2:00 p.m. (Try-outs) / Those that make the team: practice will be from 5:30-7:30 in the Ravenna High School gym. Athletes will enter through the back doors to the Fieldhouse Gym.
Football- JV and Varsity – Monday, August 3rd, 8:00am-11:00 a.m. in the stadium
Girls Soccer– Monday, August 3rd, 2:45-4:45 p.m. in the stadium
Boys Soccer– Saturday, August 1st, 8:00 a.m. (Fitness Test) in the stadium
Cross Country– Monday, August 3rd, 5:30-7:30 at the High School
Golf– Monday. August 3rd, 4:00, Windmill Lakes Golf Course
All sports teams will be required to follow certain protocols due to the Covid-19 pandemic. These protocols are in place to create the safest possible environment for the athletes and coaches. This information will be provided to athletes on the first day of tryouts/practice. These protocols are unique to each individual sport, team and level and are based on a variety of factors such as:
- The dynamics of the space in which the tryout/practice is taking place.
- The number of athletes that are participating
- How the tryout/practice is structured including the types of drills that are being conducted.
To be able to participate in any athletic related activities, all athletes must:
- Wear a mask to and from all sport-related activities. This includes when entering and exiting all facilities.
- Bring their own personal water. The amount of water should be based on the type of workout along with whether or not the workout is taking place indoors or outdoors. For example, conditioning outdoors in the heat may require the athlete to bring more water to stay hydrated.
- Arrive wearing the proper workout attire. The athlete should make sure to dress sport-appropriate. An athlete’s gear/attire can have an impact on how he/she performs. For example, a football player with cleats will run and cut better than an athlete wearing gym shoes. A volleyball player wearing knee pads will likely be more apt to dive for a ball. These are all factors that should be taken into consideration.
- Leave all valuables at home. Locker rooms will be available, but not during the first few days so all athletes must come properly dressed. We also recommend that athletes leave all valuables at home due to the fact that lockers will not be available at this time.
- Have their online paperwork completed in Final Forms. Please visit https://ravenna-oh.finalforms.com/ for more information. Feel free to contact the Athletic Department if you need assistance – 330-296-3844 EXT. 1304
- Have an up-to-date physical by the start of the season on August 1, 2020. Physicals are not mandated for preseason activities, but they are required come the official start of the season. Please make sure you fill out and sign the forms prior to printing off your sports physical for your Doctor. Parents may also contact the Athletic Department at 330-296-3844 EXT. 1304 to make arrangements to pick up a physical form.
Link for the Physical Form is below:
Any athletes that plan on participating in a Fall sport, but are unable to do so at this time should please contact the Athletic Department at 330-296-3844 EXT. 1304. We understand that we are dealing with a very unique situation so we are prepared to accommodate students that have concerns about participating at this time.